The Licking County Aging Program’s Home Chore staff can do various heavy tasks around your home that are difficult for you.
LCAP Home Chores Program provides the following:
- Window Cleaning: any outside cleaning will be on first story only unless windows are tilt in style accessible from inside. For larger homes, priority will be placed on living room, kitchen, dining room and one bedroom.
- Clean out gutters, first story only.
- Trim shrubs and bushes. Only in front of house and less than 4.5 feet tall. May also be able to trim walkways, by garages and back doorways to gain access into home.
- Weatherproof windows for winter (client to provide weatherproofing material).
- Clean behind appliances/washing walls.
- Remove debris from around heating/cooling units.
- Clean dryer vents to prevent fire hazard.
- Install smoke detectors and/or carbon monoxide detectors (client to provide detectors)
- Install/remove storm windows.
- Carpet cleaning – $30/3 rooms.
- Install/remove window air conditioner units. Only on first story home if accessible without a ladder. Client must own home and sign a release of liability.
- Touch up inside walls (client to provide supplies).
- Minimal weeding in front flower bed only.
- Hang curtains/drapes.
- Replace furnace filters. (Client to provide filter).
- Change light bulbs/smoke detector/carbon monoxide detector batteries if no other help is available.
- Clean outdoor furniture.
- Power wash porch floors only.
- Other jobs may be considered based on safety of employees and time allotment.
Eligibility Requirements: You must be a senior 60 or older with challenges or limitations that are temporary or permanent causing you to have difficulty remaining in your home.
If it is possible for you to make all or part of the suggested donation of $4.00 – $7.00/hour for each service you receive, it will enable us to serve more seniors. If you cannot make a donation due to your financial situation, it is still our pleasure to help you with your basic needs.
Donations can be made daily, weekly or monthly, whatever is most convenient for you. Our employees carry with them tamper proof donation envelopes in which you can place your contribution and receive a receipt as well. Upon request, we can also provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope for your convenience to return your donation. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of our need.
Contact the Transportation Dept. at 740-345-0821.