Through the generosity of our annual campaign contributors, The Licking County Aging Program has established a fund to provide financial assistance for auto repairs. To be eligible to receive assistance from the Emergency Auto Repair Fund the following qualifications must be met:
• The applicant must be a Licking County resident, age 60 or older.
• Applicants must meet income guidelines, see chart below.
• The vehicle must be the primary transportation of the household.
• The following documents are required at time of application:
-Valid driver’s license
-Proof of insurance
-Proof of income for all household members.
-Estimate of expenses (estimate must be from a certified service shop).
• All documents must be in the same person’s name.
• Assistance is only available one-time, every other year and cannot exceed $250.
• Applicants must explain how the balance of the repair/replacement will be paid.
• Funding assistance must be approved prior to any service on the vehicle.
For more information or to obtain an application call 740-345-0821, ext. 247.