An important note about our in-home care programs:
At this time there is an ongoing nationwide shortage of homemaking, personal care, and respite care providers. This may result in a longer waitlist, schedule changes, or cancellations. We thank you for your patience and courtesy as we work to solve this issue and continue to meet the needs of our community.
Our Homemaking staff provides light housekeeping to eligible seniors. A case manager will visit you for an in-home evaluation to determine services and level of need. Clients are placed on services using prioritization factors such as emergency situations, chronic health conditions, and limited resources. A Homemaker will be assigned for a bi-weekly visit to perform such tasks as dusting, sweeping, linen changes, laundry and meal preparation. Great conversation, a smile and a little laughter is all part of the atmosphere provided by our in-home staff.
- Be age 60 or older.
- Be disabled and either temporarily or permanently unable to perform several activities of daily living. If employed, must be on documented medical leave.
- Have no other visible resource persons to provide needed service.
- Be a current resident of Licking County.
Limitations on types of service:
- Homemakers do no lifting over 25 pounds.
- Homemakers do no moving of heavy furniture.
- Homemakers do no transporting of clients.
- Homemakers do no heavy cleaning.
- Services limited to client’s personal living quarters or needs only.
Homemaking services are provided with a suggested donation amount of $4 – $7 per hour.